Diving Deeper Into Blog Customization
Last week we went through how to edit the blog/articles/category layout on your InfiniSite. This week we’re going to dive a little deeper into post/article customization. Editing this singular layout will affect all post/articles on your website.
The Step by Step How-To
- First, login to your website, and on the frontend navigate to a single article/post in your blog or articles section.
- Hover over (but don’t click) the InfiniBuilder button at the top of your website, then select the Blog Post/Article option. It may be called something different, but it should say “SINGULAR’ to the right. Note: if your InfiniSite doesn’t have additional options when you hover over the InfiniBuilder button, just shoot us an email or give us a call, and we’ll enable those options.
- Editing the post/article layout is very similar to editing a page, and almost exactly like editing the blog/articles/category (ARCHIVE) layout. You can add other modules by dragging them onto your layout from the modules panel. If you’re looking for Post Title, Post Info, Author Bio, Featured Image, Comments, or Post Navigation, you’ll find them under Themer Modules in the group dropdown.
- Click the wrench icon on the Post Title module to make font and style changes.
- In the Post Info module, you can show, hide, and reorder the following details:
- Date the post was published/modified
- The author’s name
- How many comments there are
- What terms are associated with the article – i.e. what categories or tags you’ve assigned to it.
- If you add the Author Bio module, it will pull the information saved in the Biographical Info field of the assigned author’s profile.
- If you use categories and would like to keep your audience siloed while browsing, there’s a really useful option in the Post Navigation module. Enable the “navigate in same taxonomy” dropdown then select “category”. Now the module will only display articles in that same category.
- Once you’re happy with the layout, don’t forget to save and publish your changes.
Don’t be Afraid
I say this a lot, but don’t be afraid to try new things, because even if you “break” the layout, you can always discard your changes. I’m not sure about you, but I learn best by doing, so go ahead and get your hands dirty.
As always, if you decide that you don’t want to make the changes yourself, just give us a call or shoot us an email and we’ll take care of it for you.
Work With Us
Whether your site is out-dated, mobile unfriendly, non-existent, or just takes up too much of your time, let InfiniSites be the affordable solution.
Leave a Comment