I know last week’s Category Layout Customization tutorial was long and hard (#twss), so this week I decided to take it easy on you and keep it short and simple (like your mom). In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a saved row that you can reuse all throughout your InfiniSite.
Why would you use saved rows?
There are a couple reasons you might want to use saved rows. First, they give you the ability to create a complex section, row, or module once, then just drag and drop clones of it anywhere on your website it in a matter of seconds. Second, if you make it a global saved row, you can edit a single instance and it will update everywhere! This technique alone has shaved hours off our production times, and is why we’re able to build websites so quickly and cost effectively.
Creating a saved row
- Make sure you’re logged in, and navigate to a page that has a section, row, or module you’d like to reuse on another page.
- Click the wrench icon on that section, row, or module like you’re going to edit it.
- Choose the save as option at the bottom right.
- Now just give your new saved row a name and choose whether or not it’s global. Note, if you choose global, when you edit any instance of the row it will make those same changes to all other instances; however, non-global rows can be edited individually.
Using a saved row
- Navigate to a page or layout that you like to add the saved row to.
- Click the “+” icon in the top right area of your browser, and click the Saved tab on the right.
- Find, click, and drag the saved row onto your page.
- Don’t forget to publish your page… and that’s it!
Now you know how to create and use a saved row. The most common applications of this might be creating a call-to-action, a PDF download button, or a newsletter signup. As always, if you decide you don’t want to tackle this yourself, just let us know and we’ll be happy to create them for you.